Profit and Loss Annual Report
|Group Profit and Loss Account (reported in USD million)|
|Year ended 31 December 20161||Year ended 31 December 20151, 2|
|US$ million||US$ million|
|Research and development expenses||34.3||36.8|
|Selling and marketing expenses||170.2||138.9|
Depreciation and amortisation
|Share benefit charges, finance and other||8.1||6.5|
|Exceptional acquisition costs||0.9||14.6|
|Exceptional retroactive duties and associated charges||3.0||8.4|
|Profit before tax||59.2||32.5|
|Basic earnings per share||14.4¢||8.3¢|
- 1 Totals may not sum due to rounding.
- 2 Sport, which was previously included in the Emerging Offerings segment, is presented as a standalone segment. Brand licensing on third-party platforms, which was previously included in the Emerging Offerings segment, is now included in the B2B segment. 2015 revenue figures have been re-classified to allow a like for like comparison. These changes are described in note 2 to the financial statements.
- 3Excluding depreciation of US$8.4 million (2015: US$8.9 million) and amortisation of US$10.6 million (2015: US$9.7 million).
- 4 Excluding exceptional retroactive duties and associated charges of US$3.0 million in respect of gaming taxes relating to activity in prior years (2015: US$8.4 million).
- 5 Excluding share benefit charges of US$6.7 million (2015: US$4.1 million).