Profit and Loss Annual Report
|Group Profit and Loss Account (reported in USD million)|
|Year ended 31 December 20171||Year ended 31 December 20161|
|US$ million||US$ million|
|Revenue - B2C|
|Research and development expenses||35.4||34.3|
|Selling and marketing expenses||162.5||170.2|
Depreciation and amortisation
|Adjusted profit before tax6||78.3||69.9|
|Share benefit charges||8.5||6.7|
|Share of equity accounted associates loss||0.2||0.1|
|Profit before tax||18.8||59.2|
|Adjusted basic earnings per share||20.1¢||17.4¢|
|Basic earnings per share||3.5¢||14.4¢|
- 1 Totals may not sum due to rounding.
- 2 Social games revenue, which was previously included in the Emerging Offerings segment, is presented in the Casino segment. 2016 revenue figures have been re-classified to allow a like for like comparison. These changes are described in note 2 to the financial statements.
- 3 Excluding depreciation of US$5.7 million (2016: US$8.4 million) and amortisation of US$13.6 million (2016: US$10.6 million).
- 4 Excluding share benefit charges of US$8.5 million (2016: US6.7 million).
- 5 Exceptional charges of US$45.3 million in respect of potential value added tax relating to the provision of gaming services in Germany prior to 2015 all as described in note 5 to the financial statements and US$5.5 million in lieu of a fine as part of a resolution of the UKGC licence review (2016: US$3.0 million in respect of gaming taxes relating to activity in prior years and US$0.9 million in respect of exceptional legal and professional costs).
- 6 Adjusted EBITDA is the main measure the analyst community uses to evaluate the Company and compare it to its peers. The Group presents adjusted measures (including adjusted profit before tax) which differ from statutory measures due to the exclusion of exceptional charges and adjustments. It does so because the Group considers that it allows for a better.